Thursday, July 27, 2017

Remodeling ??


Every project I get myself into seems to take longer than I plan and always makes a huge mess.


Some of this stuff needs to be gone, some needs to be put away. The dining room is coming along.

Something else that's coming along is the guest room.

 


I've added some pictures on the walls. This is challenging because the wall and ceiling meet on curves, not right angles, due to the roof line. 
I didn't make either of these. The first one was purchased years ago when I rented in my 20's. The second one is a thrift store find. It is hand made and was a gift for someone. I'm sorry they didn't appreciate the love and effort that went into doing this much work. But their discard is now my treasure.

Some day this will be our room again. I'm pretty pleased with the results and really happy that I got it done. I'll have have to paint, but that's for another time.


We had steak fajitas for dinner. These peppers are the first harvest from my garden. It was pretty tasty - no leftovers :)

As the day went on, I made more progress on the dining room, although it's not finished. This is also prohibiting any machine sewing. I'm hoping to get the table and other furniture back in place on Wednesday, then I should be able to get something done.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.




2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well look, you got my room ready! LOL!!!! So sweet hon. Wow taking up carpet is a HUGE job - my hat is off to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, I beat Allie to your guest room! =) It looks wonderful, and I shall certainly feel watched over by the angels. You are doing all kinds of work! I felt happy to have my son clean my oven. LOL