Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hot - Humid - ahhhh - A/C . . .


That's right - no air conditioner. 
It was working when we went to bed around midnight. I woke up around 5:30 a.m. The furnace was running but it was really warm. I got up and checked. The temperature was 78 degrees. The a/c is set for 72. Well, it was running, so I went back to bed.

At 6:30 a.m. I got up again. Still read 78 degrees, still too hot and still running. So I took the dogs out and noticed the outside unit didn't sound right. Further investigation found that the fan was not turning in the unit. We went back in and turned everything off, turned on all the fans and opened doors and windows. The unit is old and we're fearing the worst. 

I found a cool spot in the dining room window. Between cleaning up the kitchen and making potato salad, I worked on drawing off the second row of the Salem Witch Quilt Guild.


Because they are so big (45 x  18) they take some time to get drawn off. I'll be glad to keep moving along with the stitching when the time comes, so the time spent now drawing will be worth it. This is such a cute design from Crabapple Hill.

This is a four day weekend for Honey Do :}
We don't and didn't have any specific plans. Saturday, Newton went to see Despicable Me 3 (he like it) and Honey Do and I went and got the rest of the mulch I needed for the vegetable garden.
Sunday, Newton went to the animal shelter. Honey Do and I tried to find a cool spot since the a/c went out. After some research, you have to LOVE You-Tube, he thinks he might be able to repair it himself with a $20 part !!! Wouldn't that be wonderful!! ??

Monday morning, Honey Do went fishing on Lake Erie. I'm content to be home working on the Witches 

and finishing the weeding in my garden. Fortunately, I have Newton to help me with all the heavy lifting :)

The day turned out very productive. I didn't have specific goals set, just finish one thing and move on to the next. I finished the second row of the witches then recovered a bed pillow that I washed and its cover just disintegrated, then I started quilting the last row of log cabins.

As the day went on, temperatures rose and so did the humidity. It took longer to finish the mulching in the garden, but I persevered and finished. Unfortunately, I'm just a few bags short :(

Tuesday was another very productive day :)
I love when long weekends turn out good. All my laundry got caught up including putting it away (doesn't always happen).
My sweet Honey Do took me to get the rest of the mulch I needed and my garden is completely finished now :)


I found some time in between all the "chores" to work on the lace cabins. I'm hoping to finish the row on Wednesday.

As for my Christmas/holiday projects, I've gathered my flannel for the pj's. Next step is to decide who gets what and if I have enough.

I pulled a pattern for my nieces wall hangings. I made some notes to maybe make the project more personal to each family and add the date, which I haven't done in the past.

This adorable print is going to be the backing.

I'll be away the next couple of days. I have to work, Newton has a physical and I'll go see Mom again on Thursday :) This time we have some cleaning to do since we didn't last time :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you creativity and productivity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a time for the A/C to go out! I hope he can fix it himself with that $20 part. I'm not telling you how much it cost me to replace the outside unit! And I had a good price, too. It sounds like your sewing goals moved along, and look at that gorgeous garden!