Friday, March 7, 2014


It is the Lenten season...Many of us grew up with the concept of giving something of value to ourselves for the days leading to Easter. That concept makes a lot of sense because of the great sacrifice Jesus made for us. However, this year I'm seeing a lot of suggestions for "Reverse Lent". Instead of giving something up, we do something for reflection. In the past, I've given up diet coke (my beverage of preference), candy, fast food. My "sacrifices" served their purposes at the time, however, they didn't have any long-term, life-altering effects. I still drink diet coke, I still visit the drive-thru all too often.

Last year, I did a gratitude journal. Not as part of the Lenten season, but as a reflection of all I have to be grateful for every single day. And I did more than just be thankful for another day. I really tried to put some thought into my gratefulness. However, they only ended up being one liners in a scrapbook/journal. A teacher friend of mine is reflecting on things that make her truly happy. I think I'm going to take a page out of her book and do the same. What makes me happy? What brings me joy? Not only make a list of those things, but reflecting and journaling on why.

I hope you have a blessed Lent in preparation for Easter.


I have a finish to share today . . .


All the stitch lines are quilted by machine; the dowel and knob I painted before I assembled.


I added the cute little buttons to give this guy some additional dimension.



This is Johnny Rocket. The first picture of the flag he will hold in his right hand and has a small banner of a fire cracker to hold in his left hand. I am thrilled to have this UFO done :) All that's left is the final assembly with the flag and banner.


Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative weekend.












No comments: