Monday, March 10, 2014

New week

It is so hard to get motivated when it's chilly and all you want to do is crawl back in bed. But in order to make time to make some progress on the things we didn't get to over the weekend you have to fight that urge. Onward and upward. But first, a progress report :)

I had a pretty productive weekend.

Johnny Rocket - completely finished.

Easter wall hanging - completely finished.

Both of these projects were pre-printed panels I purchased quite a few years ago from Joann Fabrics while I worked there. I, of course, started both but never finished them. Pre-printed panels are fun and quick (usually) projects. Mine never are because I can't just simply do what the instructions say. I have to add buttons and trims and quilting . . . you get the idea. But I'm almost always pleased with the end results. And these two projects are no exception.

  

I showed you on Friday what I did to Johnny Rocket. Here's what I did with the Easter hanging. I started by doing the blanket stitch around all the images. I was going to do black pearl cotton because it was originally pre-printed in black but it was just too heavy and dark. So I decided to use three strands of matching colored floss. Next, I added buttons to the hexie centers and the hearts in the last row, bows on the bunnies in the first row. It's still simple but with the embellishments, some needed dimension. I'm pleased with the results. AND it's another UFO finished and off the list.


So on to this week's goals:

1. Garment for myself - I've chosen an apron. I've never made one for myself, bu have made several for gifts.

2. A stuffed bunny for spring/Easter. She's another UFO from several years ago.

3. "Brown" hearts quilt block.

4. Bethlehem - Block 4

5. "Quilties" cross stitch - Block 4

Now if Nina will just let me get something done :)


She sits at the top of the stairs and calls to me. She hasn't found the courage to tackle them yet, which is probably a good thing for me.


Freebies:










Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

2 comments:

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Great job, Edi! Now you have some cute holiday decorations on deck : )

e said...

Thanks for checking in Sarah. Yes, I'm pleased. Not only because they are cute, holiday decorations, but more importantly, they are UFOs that are finally done !!!
Thank you for the 30/30 challenge. I'm having a great time with it.