Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WILD WEATHER WEDNESDAY


The roller coaster ride of our March weather began Tuesday evening with light rain. I got up Wednesday morning to a misty rain that began freezing about 9 a.m. By 9:30 a.m., the power went out for the first time. School was cancelled at 6 a.m. Freezing rain turned to a very wet snow by 11 and another power outage. We have a forecast of blizzard conditions for about 24 hours. The weather is to clear up and turn back around late Thursday morning with temperatures in teens and wind chills in single digits and back up to the upper 50s by Friday. Spring IS just around the corner :)

To all this, I say thank God for hand work and reading materials as March's lion rears up for one more seasonal roar. March's weather is always temperamental . . . 60 yesterday, blizzard today. The only expectation is not to expect anything.

Today was a snow day with school cancelled and was very productive. Newton did homework, shoveled snow, read, played with legos and dogs.

Honey Do came home early and spent time with me and playing on the computer.

Me . . . well you know . . .

Dinner - chicken pot pie. Baked it around lunch just to make sure it was cooked in case the power went out again.

I spent the afternoon sewing:

 

Apron - DONE
I did some detail stitching at the top of the bib and secured the straps so I don't have to keep re-adjusting them. I also love the longer ties so that it can be tied in the front instead of in back. This project came about because I wanted to use the red print. I purchased it several years ago on a weekend trip with Honey Do. There was too much left not to do something grand.

 

 Hot pad - DONE
You really can't see the design in the yellow because it's such a soft color and print, but it's a plaid. I used that print to determine where I placed my quilting. I'm pretty pleased with the end result.


This is a rough sketch of the layout I think I want to use for this winter themed wall hanging.



I finished these two blocks last month. I did the other two several months ago. I have the blocks framed and am trying to decide what to do next.

 Winter wall hanging - in process

My evening will be spent doing some hand work. I've been trying to finish the brown hearts quilt block. There are 16 small hearts that need to be hand appliqued. I'm on a roll, I'm not stopping.



Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you much creativity.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mittens are cute, of course, and I LOVE your snowman! Your quilting looks great.

e said...

Thank you, thank you. I was having a very productive week. :)