Tuesday, August 26, 2014

All kinds of crafty today


Mama


and baby having a morning rest. That's Nina in the foreground. She was all excited by the visitors. So we said good morning, snapped their photos (you can only get so close, especially with babies) and said it was time to leave them alone. They are both regular visitors in our neighborhood and I don't mind as long as they don't visit the vegetable garden.

 

Speaking of which, I managed to salvage two of four green cabbages. This summer has been interesting. We've had plenty of rain or none at all. And we've had just enough that I really haven't had to water, which is always a good thing. And I had enough tomatoes to make more juice. 

Dinner tonight was a vegetable pasta dish that features eggplant. But Honey Do wanted to go one (or two) better and we added fresh broccoli and peas that I picked yesterday and some of the tomatoes. It's always nice when you can just go out and pick dinner from the garden :)

* * * * *

On to the fun crafts:


I'm finally making progress on my Quilt Doodle Doodle mystery quilt. I finished Block 4 today. And cut out the components for Block 5. We'll see if I can get it done before month's end :) 



I love these big candle jars, until you run out of wick and you have all this was left over. So I bought new wicks, melted the was down and poured it back into the jar. I now have a new candle :)


Have you ever made your own fabric softener or dryer sheets? This is my first time. I'll let you know how it works. You can find the recipes on Pinterest.

* * * * *

My happy accomplishment.


I have the first of two quilt tops from Vacation Bible School done. Once I got the layout done, putting it together was easy.

 


The kids did a great job tracing and coloring the designs.

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post, full of terrific news. Love your garden. I have an eggplant - really too small for lasagna, and too big for one person. I may fry slices in olive oil and freeze them. I make my own dryer sheets all the time, but I just soak the flannel face cloths in a fabric softener I like. They last about 20 loads each, and the small bottle of fabric softener lasts a long time. I don't dry them in the dryer until they have hung completely dry first.

Wendyb said...

you have been busy my lovely friend!!!! What great finishes, and accomplishes!!!! Love it all. Love to know how the fabric softener goes....mine clogs up my washing machine so I have to 'water' it down with plain white vinegar! Those deer are so sweet!!! Nothing we see over here!! (well not in the tropics anyway!) Have a fantabulous day sweety! xox glorious sugary hugs
Wendy :o)