Monday, August 25, 2014

Good start

I'm having a good start to my week.

BFF and I decided that this was a good day to get together and have a gab-fest. It's a contest to see who has more to say and more to catch up on - we won't even mention that we talk almost daily :)


Weather was perfect for a drive. And a good book to listen to in the car. In fact, I managed to finish the book by Nora Roberts that I was fretting over. See that blue can up against the back of the garage . . .


This is what greeted me :) I have a strange fondness for spiders - more like a healthy respect and fear of them. I find them facinating, but only from a distance. Needless to say, I left him just like that.

I am starting to get over-run with tomatoes. Time to start making more juice.


And it's completely finished and framed.


Felt like I needed some extra detail so I added another border going all the way around. With the wheat colored cloth the white stitching was getting lost so I bordered it. I also added my initials and the year it was completed. On the back I wrote when I started and completed the project. I am extremly happy with the end result.

* * * * *

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that spider! I like them. They eat bugs I don't like, and they don't bite me. They stay out of the way, for the most part. Love your finished XS! It looks great with that added border, and in the frame. Congratulations! I'm so glad you had a day with your BFF. There's nothing like it for making the world a better place.

Wendyb said...

it's absolutely gorgeous Edi!! I love your framed QS and what a great idea to add initials and year finished!!! clever girl! So pleased you got to spend time with BFF...wish we could too....one day!?! LOL I'm the same with spiders...leave them to do their thing, as long as they don't hurt me, no reason to disrupt their routine! xox sugary sweet ones hon
Wendy :o)