Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What we did . . . Tuesday

It was another gorgeous morning. Autumn is definitely in the air with the cooler mornings.
However the forecast was still almost 90 and it was humid. 
I'll enjoy the mornings while I have them.

First up was Maggie's First Dance.

 


We are half way through this block of the month. There is only one more feature block for September, alternating blocks will be in October and November will be borders and finishing this fun quilt top.  I'll work on Block 4 next week instead of this week.



For leaders and enders, I made a 9-patches.

I have an update for my Shoebox Swap coming up really fast. Boxes get mailed out the week following Thanksgiving.
Anyway, I have collected 13 of the 24 FQs. I will collected the rest in September and October.

(image from yahoo.com)


Another update, Row by Rows. I've managed to collect all either rows for this year's top. I can make it any size I want with the incorporation of sashing and borders. This is my second collection. Not sure if I'll be collecting next year (dependant on the theme). I already have so much I want to do and finish I don't really need any further distractions. I gathered them up Monday evening when I was trying to put a few things away toward getting organized again.

Honey Do and I decided to spend the day at home. He did time on the computer and then took 15 minutes outside to "organize" his fishing gear . . . Just so he could say he got some sun :)

Besides Maggie, I did some laundry, pulled a few (very few) weeds. The thistle thinks it should be permitted to take over. Naturally, I disagree - it's an ongoing battle. The birds appreciated cool, fresh water in their baths. I spent the rest of the day blanket-stitching Maggie.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie looks gorgeous! You chose wonderful fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your rows. Ha, looking forward to seeing my own!