Tuesday, April 16, 2019

HQAL

It's time again for a recap of what we are working on over the last three weeks.  I think I've missed the last two reports, so I have plenty to share this time as I've been staying really busy. 


First, I want to thank our hostess, Kathy of Sewing, Etc. If you are interested in becoming part of our group just contact her through the comments section on her blog and she will get you set up. And while you are there follow the links for the other lovely participants and see what they got accomplished.

This event is to encourage us to just stay creative. Hand work is not required, but most of us share what we've done by hand. Since I post somewhat regularly, I'm focusing on the hand work aspect of my projects. Here's what I've been working on and in some cases finished:

Baby quilts


 
 These were in conjunction with Tracy's Mystery QAL which posted the end of March.

Doll quilts


 


These are for A Doll Like Me.

Girls getaway




 



I started this at the beginning of March. I have two months to stitch until the next block is received at the beginning of May.

Odds and ends



 


My UFO project for the month - one of 12 blocks.
Many of them require hand applique to finish the block. This represents Lily of the Valley. 



Several years ago, I made these cute wall hangings for my nieces for Christmas. I finally finished one for myself. Embroidery and hand sewing to attached the fur and binding.

 

I made two. One will be a Christmas gift for a friend. I embellished hers with buttons and beads. Other hand work was the binding.


This doll didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. Her face is hand embroidered.


The year I made these, I made five of them and gave them all away. This one is mine :)

Hand work, besides the binding were the embroidery and button embellishments.




A UFO finish !!!
You guessed it, the binding on this one was done by hand :)

I hope you have all had a productive month. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the group did.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.



For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 1:16 NIVUK






1 comment:

K Reeves said...

So many different things you have worked on Edi! The variety is really quite astounding! I really enjoy reading your blog.:)