Monday, April 1, 2019

Spring in North East Ohio - March 31, 2019

In the northern hemisphere, most thoughts are to spring, gardening, vacations, even summer.

So I thought I would give you a glimpse of what the last weekend of March held for those of us in northeast Ohio.

I don't know if everyone has this saying, but the rule of thumb for March is:

If March comes in like a lamb, it will go out like a lion.
If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb.

March came in very subtly, so it only is expected to go out with a roar.

 



  

 


It certainly did !!!

With an accumulation of 3 to 4 inches from Saturday to Sunday, after a day filled with rain.

April's forecast: a muddy mess.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.


if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chron. 7:14 NIVUK

2 comments:

Susan said...

I guess because most of my life was spent in the southwest, we only had the first half of that - March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. LOL I never even knew there was another part! That's an amazing thing for the end of March. I can remember that it snowed in May in Northern Arizona, when I taught on the Rez, and when we took our field trip to Santa Fe, we had to stop and Goodwill and buy sweaters and coats for all the students, and that was also in May! But not common at all! I'm hoping this is winter's last hurrah, since it is actually spring now, according to the calendar!

Diane N. said...



How well I remember March in Ohio. Born and raised in Cleveland. Moved south 25 years ago. Still have children there. Hope this is the last you see of winter. Blessingd. Diane