Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend

In my humble opinion, the weekend should begin on Friday. After years, most of my adult life, I worked and by Friday you were thinking only of the weekend :)


So I began my "weekend" by catching up on emails. I get quite a few blog notices there and once I get behind it's almost impossible to catch back up. Well, I'm caught back up.

I called a couple of places for replacement glass for the china cabinet that I'm getting from Mom. Of course, you have to have sizes and quauntites (which I don't know yet). But at least I have a local company that can provide me with what I need. I love working with local.

Household chores done :)

And the weekend was off to a good start :)

I stopped at church to get my supplies for Sunday School, picked a project for Vacation Bible school and worked on the bulletins.

 

When I got home I noticed the dwarf daffodils were blooming. The weather and temperatures have been so up and down lately, it was nice to see something - anything - that said spring.



I've been doing a marathon run of "The Property Brothers".


Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE fan of home improvement shows. One of my original favorites was a show called "Trading Spaces". These shows offer lots of inpiration and motivation - especially if you are lacking in that department as I am.

Anyway, I have been whining and complaining about my home for quite some time - mostly in the realm that bigger was better. I've given myself an attitude adjustment and have decided that I really need to be grateful for what I have. To that end, I have decided this is the year of HOME !!!!
Which really only means that I'm going to be more caring and loving to the home I have. I need to paint, clean and de-clutter and make my house feel like my home.

It started this weekend. Honey Do graciously took me to the local home improvement store and helped get the supplies I needed to accomplish my goals. I am starting in my living room . . . remember the China cabinet :) 


Craft and quilting projects and supplies have been removed. . .


Pictures and chackies (sp?) have been removed . . . 


Furniture has been moved around and covered.
(this is a repair that was done a few years ago - see why I need to get this done?)
Walls have been washed and tape has been put up.

We spent Saturday and Sunday prepping and priming.


And on Monday, I painted the ceiling.


It's hard to tell that this is a creamy tan. It is definitely lightening up the room. Can't wait to get the wall colors on Tuesday.

Well, I'm off to fold and put laundry away. It all got washed while I was painting. 

Thanks for stopping by.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a major make-over for your home! It's great that you are able to do that yourselves. And get the laundry done, too. ;)

Allie said...

Girl, I'd be laid up for weeks after all that, lol!!! Good for you! And look at that, you have flowers - very nice. I'm a fan of home improvement shows too, but we don't have cable, so I can only watch when I go to my aunt's house. I think she's going to Atlanta in a month or two, I'll be cat-sitting and can catch up then, lol.