Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What a glorious hump


This week has been busy and stressful, but we are half way through. 
I've been trying really hard just to try and take things as they come, but sometimes it's hard.
Monday . . . all day at the doctor office, blood draw, xrays and physical therapy for my son. We did have an enjoyable lunch at a Mediteranean restaraunt. It was fun to try something new :)
Tuesday . . . we tried to stay home and did some painting. I suffered from a migraine, so things were forced to slow way down. We did manage together to get the hallway ceiling painted. I wanted to do a little more, but decided to just take things slowly. I worked on my wool for a bit, but not more than an hour. 

Wednesday . . .


I have been so extremely blessed. This beautiful piece may not be extremely expensive (not that I know how expensive it really is) but my mom richly blessed me with this piece. The doors need new glass inserts, but otherwise, the piece is in good shape.
I am absolutely in love with this piece.

A few weeks ago, Mom blessed me with her favorite china.

 



It is a simple, elegant set of chine from Johan Havilland, Germany.
It is stunning and I have always loved it and now it's mine :)
All the china has been removed from boxes and put in the cabinet. I just couldn't wait to put it away and keep it safe.
We used the china for dinner on Easter Sunday and Mom was absolutely thrilled that I pulled it out and used it. She was afraid that I never would. But we did and that made her very happy.

There's still quite a bit of painting to be done and reorganizing to finish the rooms completely, but we are off to an excellant start.

I will be spending my evening working on the wool. We'll see how far I can get. 
Thursday's plan is to stay home and finish painting the hall and begin in the diningroom. 
Friday, I am blessed to spend the day with Honey Do. More about that later. He's going to spoil me :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you as many blessings as I have received.


2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my goodness that is gorgeous - and that china!!! Good for you on using it hon, better to make memories with it and not let it sit. My mom used my grandmother's china [what's left of it] for our Sunday dinner, and it brought back so many happy memories!!! You be sure to take it easy, and not overdo...

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, a spoiling tomorrow! That's super! You deserve it. I love the cabinet and the china. Yes, you need to use it, and I'm glad you did. The value in these things isn't in the money, it's in the tradition and the beauty and the love handed down, and the use of them. Best of luck finishing your painting projects. Do you think the migraine was from the paint smell?