Sunday, November 3, 2013

Shop Hop Goodies


I promised that I would show you all the goodies I found when Sister and I went Shop Hopping on Friday.  Quite the haul :)


First, every shop had kits of quilt blocks you could purchase, or you could just get a free copy of the patterns.  Sister and I decided to get the kits.  We decided on the kits so we'd have one less project to try and determine fabrics for, since it's already done for us.  All we have left to get are the finishing fabrics.  We've already decided to work on this together.  Hopefully, one per month (there are 10 blocks) and have it done by this time next year.  It's hard to tell but the color palette is navy blue, burgundy, gold and hunter green.  Good autumn colors.  Each shop had a different layout and finish.  It's going to be hard to determine how we want to finish the quilts because everyone was gorgeous in its own way.


I found some really cute patterns.  I've loved penguins since I was a kid; crabs and frogs are fun critters that Honey Do associates with us.  The pattern in the front is embroidered pumpkins and a couple of fat quarters I just had to have :)


One of my favorite color combinations is yellow and blue.  Blue is my absolute favorite color, but this combinations is just happy, so I just had to have this bundle of fat quarters.
  


We just celebrated Halloween.  So during the season one of my favorite blogs, Sew We Quilt hosted Wicked Blog Hop.  It was so much fun and there are so many creative people.  There were lots of great projects, but I fell in love with one in particular, this one.


And I found this bundle to do that project.  I still have to get a basic black, but that's easy enough to do.  I'm thinking maybe even a tonal black.  I love the way this store tied the bundle together with the thicker yarn.



Another blue and yellow bundle.  Just can't get enough.  Some of the shops had their bundles tied with ribbons that had their names on them.  I REALLY liked this.  It helps to remember the names of the shops, it also helps if I need or want more of the same fabric - I'll know where to go back to get it. :)



Couldn't forget Honey Do.  Found this great motorcycle print.  The little yellow/rose fat quarter was just cute.



Some free items to play with:  batting, pretty purple thread (a color palette I need to try) and a pattern for cathedral window.


And finally, this sweet little collection :)  Isn't it just adorable ? ?



And I found the perfect project for it here.  

I think we had a very successful first shop hop.  We were able to visit six of the ten shops.  Sister went to one more on Friday after I had to head home and she finished the hop on her own on Saturday because I wasn't able to go with her.  She very generously picked up the last four blocks for me.

I'm really looking forward to working on some of these projects soon.  But first I HAVE to get the Christmas gifts made . . .



Thanks for stopping by.



Wishing you a creative day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful hop. It looks like you brought home plenty of blues and yellows for a newFO blue and yellow quilt!

e said...

I have to agree with you. I'm really looking forward to making something "girly" just for me. The down-side of living with the guys :)
Love and hugs.