Friday, September 11, 2015

Autumnal previewd

As I sit this evening and write my blog, I'm also reflecting on my day. 
My day starts at 5:30 a.m. with Honey Do getting up and getting ready to head out for work.
I put on coffee, take the dogs out and pack his lunch.
It's still fairly dark at 5:30 a.m., but I always look up to see what the sky has for me.
This morning it was clear and full of stars.

After the sun comes up and Newton has left for school, we head back outside again.


This morning I noticed this bush of teeny "mums". I had cut them back a few weeks ago because they were all brown and not very pretty to look at.
Imagine my surprise this morning coming upon them all grown up again and in full bloom.
It's amazing how you can walk past something everyday and not notice it. 
I wasn't expecting them to grow up and bloom again.

This evening as I was working on my spring row, I looked out my dining room window. There on my flag pole was this beauty enjoying some time in the sun. I just had to capture a photograph of him/her. It stayed there until the sun no long shown on the pole, assuming it got too cold.
Our overnight low was in the upper 50s, so it may very well have gotten chilly.
I on the other hand, enjoyed these cooler temperatures immensely. It was a perfect day for a drive and visit with BF. The high was only in the mid-70s. A perfect day in my opinion. 
I love autumn because of all the beauty it has to present. Cooler temperatures, Visitors like this moth and the beautiful spider last weekend. If you watch the signs, you can see the changes coming.


BF and I didn't really plan or feel much like doing anything at our meet today. She brought Christmas cards to punch down to repurposed into gift tags. I brought my various finished projects to ooh and ahh over :)
I found an adorable enamel canister at a local consignment shop that I purchased for her and a piece of "watermelon seeds" print for a table runner project we were supposed to work on.

She offered opinions when I shared my concerns for the spring row. How do you like the floral print on the bottom?
I am absolutely thrilled with it. It adds some brightness and color that my color choices don't offer.
 I went on and drew some "canes" from which I will stitch and add "flowers". I made a little progress before I just got too tired.


I pulled out a floral embroidery book to help me along.

In an attempt to "sharpen" his computer skills, Rocky has chewed the death out of my laptop adapter and unfortunately now my computer does not hold a charge. It works fine as long as it's plugged in. I think he shorted out the battery. I'm sharing Honey Do's until the replacement I ordered arrives. So it may be a few days before I can blog again.
So I hope you all have a safe, healthy and productive weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day(s) filled with creativity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Rocky! Good thing he didn't electrify his little body! I love your floral addition to the row. It's perfect in front of the picket fence. Just spending time together is plenty, we don't always have to be doing something. My mum never even got over six inches and about 3 sticks of tiny leaves this year! You were blessed. I hope to hear from you with another post soon.