Monday, September 28, 2015

Lazy weekend . . .

Honey Do and Newton took off for the day on Saturday . . . deer hunting season is now in full swing. Unfortuneately they saw deer, just none came home with them. I was hoping to fill the freezer. More days are planned, so I'm not giving up yet.

As for me, I had a glorious day at home, alone, with the pups. I got the laundry caught up, rested, napped, and did little else except park myself in front of the television and watched a couple of sewing/quilt shows, some cooking shows and several movies. And I don't feel the least bit guilty that I wasn't working on a project :) Sometimes you just need a day off from everything.

I did, over the course of the weekend, play with some new fabric.


A stack of fat quarters. Isn't it a lovely collection? 
I'm thinking these will be for Rose's Chatelaine BOW.
Not sure how many there will be, but she's up to week 47 !!!! 
Not sure when I'll start, I'm thinking January, 2016 - I always seem to be behind :)

Sunday meals . . . 

Honey Do's lunch went from this . . .


To this :)


Added fresh green bell pepper, onions, mushroom and some extra cheese. 
Looks pretty tasty, if I may say so myself :)


I did manage to make some time find some enthusiasm (as I had nothing but time) to work on my Wool BOM.


It doesn't feel or look like a lot to me, but stacked French knots are very time consuming. 
There are more French knots on the leaves. I was hoping to have this project done by Monday but that's not going to happen. I will finish it before I move on to the birthday gift for BF. I have a couple of weeks to work on that before it's due.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the progress on the wool. Stitching takes time! The enhanced pizza looks great, too. I like to do that with a nice cheap pizza. I don't know that it's nearly as cheap afterward, but on the other hand, even pricey ones don't seem to have enough of anything on them.

Love the fabrics you are going to use for Rose's BOW. I've saved about 2/3 of the patterns so far, and will make it later, too, but I'm not sure from what fabrics. I'm already behind on the 1930s Sampler - from either of the websites doing it!

I'm glad you had a day off. Sometimes it's good to be alone and lazy. ;)

Allie-oops Designs said...

A day off???? Really, we can do that??? I'm so glad, I'll try it soon, lol! Seems I feel guilty if I'm not stitching on something. Love your new fabrics!!! Too bad the boys didn't get a deer....want me to trap one for them? They come around late at night here to eat the apples off my tree.