Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Drop back and punt . . .


My plan for Tuesday was to print off the patterns and start my September row-alongs. Unfortunately, the patterns aren't available just yet.

Wednesday, BF and I were supposed to meet to start working on a new project. Her daughter ended up getting sick on Tuesday and was home on Wednesday as well.

These things happen, so we have to drop back and punt. It's not like I don't have a ton of other things to concentrate on :) I was just anxious to get started on the rows and the new project.

So my back up plans . . . 

Waiting for Newton's bus, I cleaned out my emails. I am so far behind. I don't know when I made time to read all the blogs and emails I used to, but I don't seem to have that kind of time any more. I know I spend a lot more time stitching, sewing, cooking and cleaning - that's my choice. I also know that I wouldn't spend as much time on emails if I kept up on them daily. 


The scales of balance are always precarious, aren't they?

With school back in session, that means Bible study begins also. Tuesday was a training day for those of us helping in childcare. I was recruited at the end of last year. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the things we are expected to share in the two or so hours we have the children. You see this is a very standardized program that Biblically teaches and encourages the children as well as their parents. It's a very structured program with a lot of material to cover. As leaders, we also complete the same study during the week as homework, discussion groups and trainings on Mondays and the childcare on Tuesday. I will have to become even more disciplined with my time, chores and stitching than ever.

With the cancellation of Wednesday's meeting, I decided to take some me time and I checked out a
"new-to-me" quilt shop. I found the name on the list of the Row by Row Experience and was thrilled to find them only about 20 mins from my home.

It has a very sweet name, The Polka Dot Pincushion. Cute, right?
I spent a fair amount of time walking around and checking things out. I purchased a few items.


Some stash building, a new pattern and the Row by Row pattern. 
Looks like a summer quilt, doesn't it?

When I got back home, I went back to work on my September goal.


Yes . . . that's binding you see going on !!!!
I may have to come up with another goal for the month :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Binding is my goal for the month, too, but you've gotten farther than I have! I like the looks of that shop from the link I followed. Looks like a great place to have so close by. I hope you get to work on your goals next week. Dump the e-mails and start over. =)