Monday, September 7, 2015

End of the weekend . . . beginning of the week

Only on Monday holidays do you get the end of the weekend and the beginning of the week all in the same day :)

It was a fairly productive day as well.


I finished the pillow I started stitching on Friday. It got stuffed today and I added some vintage lace I found to finish framing the stitchery. 
Very pleased with the end result.

 

I dug out an old "monster" softie pattern. I made this several years ago from a kit. I wanted to make a second one and the pattern included fabric requirements. I had purchased several fat quarters in shades of blue. So I made two today. I modified it a bit. The first one was patchwork, the second not. I eliminated the face and other dimensional details. I also made them flat adding just a piece of batting between all the layers. They are now new dog toys for my pups :)


Rocky knew what to do with it right away :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now it's Wednesday and the week is half over. Time is flying by! Cute ... turtles? Rocky will have a great time with them, I'm sure. I love the addition of the lace on your pillow. It really makes it so elegant, and it's pretty lace, too. Would have looked nice on a feminine CQ block - the kind I haven't done all year. LOL