Monday, November 6, 2017

Monday . . . Again

It seems longer than a couple of weeks since I last posted. Keeping up with everything is challenging and I feel like I'm always playing catch-up.

Autumn is in full swing and has been chilly and wet. We've had rain almost daily and grey, over-cast skies have become the norm. The rain isn't usually heavy, worse, it's drizzly but almost constant.

Rocky and I are continuing to walk, but not always daily.



The herds of deer are growing and with autumn we see the bucks more frequently.






Autumn is gorgeous this year, although some of the trees are loosing their foliage rather quickly. This is what my neighborhood looks like at the moment.


Rocky has his autumn flannels out and is always ready



to go for a w-a-l-k :)

The last Sunday of October, we invited former classmates and the children's minister - Ms. Pam - to our classroom so that we could present her quilt.



A grateful "group" hug.



Lots of joyous chatter.


And a group photo for good measure.
Ms. Pam absolutely loved her new quilt. And we couldn't think of anyone more deserving. She is such a blessing to everyone who comes in contact with her.

Any free time I have, is spent in the kitchen.


It's the time of year to enjoy soups . . .


And some new to us baked goods.


And then I carve out whatever time I can between dinner and bed to work on my projects.

I finally finished the spring pillow. All the stitching and assembly were complete, I just needed to stuff it. That's now done.


On to my goals, from the week of October 23, 2017


1. Crazy quilt snowman
- assemble pillow - DONE

2. I LOVE Home
- begin embroidery - YES, but no picture

3. Santa Hats Wall Hangings x3
- continue embroidery - DONE
Not only is the embroidery done on all three, but two of the three are completely finished
(I'll have photos this week of all three)

4. Joe's Quilt
- pull fabric - DONE

 

So for this week my goals are:

1. Santa Hats
- finish third wall hanging

2. Joe's Quilt
- decide on layout
- cut fabrics

3. I Love Home
- continue embroidery

I've made the list shorter so that I can concentrate on finishing up the last of my Christmas gifts. These projects are more time consuming. If time allows, I can always throw in another gift or UFO :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are all the pajamas done and wrapped? Love your two pillow finishes. You are doing a great job in the midst of so much going on. I have been watching the temperatures up there, and compared to me, you've been really cold. We finally dropped from mid 70s to low 50s last night. Looks like I'm stuck in this territory now. Meanwhile, just in case you want to move, Phoenix is sunny, 81 and low humidity today. =)

Best of luck with your goals this week. So far, I've cut the fabric pieces and pinned on two pieces ... for one block. =P