Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day


(image from Yahoo)


Happy St. Patrick's Day

I wish everyone a blessed day whether you celebrate or not.

We're not Irish, so the extent of our celebration goes as far as food.



We get farm fresh eggs and Farmer Bob gave me a dozen "green" eggs. These are all that's left after breakfast. It's hard to tell, but they are a very pale shade of green.



And corned beef and cabbage for dinner. I made a lot this year. Leftovers make great sandwiches.

Our day started early and busy. Breakfast . . . Cleaning up the kitchen . . . Changing sheets . . .  Laundry . . .  Sewing . . .

I had lots of goals this week. My priority for Saturday was to finish the robe I'm making for Mom.  My week was insane so I didn't get it done for my visit on Friday.

Saturday was chilly. It didn't feel to me that we got near the 50 degree mark that had been forecast, but that didn't stop us from going for a stroll in the newly renovated metro park.




 

These are the bird feeds outside the stewardship center. The room is set up with couches and you can just sit and watch.




West Creek,   almost 10 miles long with lots of little fingers branching off. There are sections that flood every spring.


What a gorgeous day we had, even though it ended up feeling really cold by the time we finished walking.






This quilt hangs in the stewardship center. At one point patterns seem to have been available for purchase. The hostess couldn't tell me if they still were, but I'm going to continue checking. I would love to try and make this.

This post is late because of an unforeseen medical emergency. Everyone is fine - you can keep breathing. But it was a good post and wanted to share it with you.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.




Verse of the Day

The beginning of wisdom is this: get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Prov. 4:7 NIVUK


No comments: