Sunday, March 29, 2020

Home Quarantine - Week 3

Things are changing daily as far as trying to keep the coronavirus from spreading.
Schools are closed . . . 
Churches are closed . . . 
Non-essential businesses are closed . . . 

It's like nothing I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I was in elementary school during the worst of the Vietnam War in the late 1960s and early 1970s. It was scary. I remember seeing reports about wounded and killed soldiers and civilians.

This pandemic is global. It isn't about guns or real estate or civil rights. It's medical!! How's that for taking things for granted?

* * * * * 

Starting this week, Honey Do will be home more often than not. We are going to do our best to relax and enjoy the mini-stay-cation. We are praying that it is only the two weeks that have been ordered by the governor.

In the meantime, I cook, I clean, I sew.

Monday/Tuesday, March 23 and 24

I started by cutting strips into blocks for some baby quilts for donation.



Then I cut out and started sewing a tote/grocery shopping bag. This is for a swap I signed up for in February and is headed to Canada.

 


Yes, I know there are American flags on it. I did that on purpose as I was born in Canada and wanted to share that with my swap partner.

Wednesday, March 25

Today is a brighter day. The sun is shining and the temperatures are finally on a rise.


My favorite rose bush has new growth on it :)
It's the first one I check every spring to make sure it survived the winter. We had an extremely mild winter, but I needed to make sure. It was a mother's day gift from my mom about 10 years ago !!!

 

Crocuses and my Rip Van Winkle daffodils are blooming and enjoying the sunshine as well.

This is my sewing project for the day.


I cut the butterflies out earlier in the month from a free pattern and have finally come up with the project. It's hard to tell, but the butterflies are stitched onto a white on white heart. The background fabric has been in my stash since the 1990s. The butterflies were cut from the scraps of another simple quilt I started last week. I wanted something soft and feminine and I think this fits the bill :)
I folded the butterflies in half and stitched down the center so I could get a better 3-D effect.

And the rest of the week . . . 

 

I made and finished three more doll quilts from the scraps and miscuts (oops) of the baby quilts. This makes a total of 15 for the year . . . so far :)


And a pillow case for my 13 year old great-nephew. I found the remnant while looking for something else. It was a quick sew and finish.

Hope you all had a good, productive week.

Thanks for stopping by.


Don't worry about anything; 
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, thank him for all he has  done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. He will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 6-7

1 comment:

Susan said...

The butterfly pillow is amazing! What a great idea and a pretty pillow. Such pretty flowers growing. I got ONE tulip this year. It was yellow, and I didn't plant it. I don't know where it came from. LOL My rose bush is putting out tons of growth, too, so I hope to have half a dozen blooms shortly, and the hydrangea is putting out new leaves. Another year of hoping for some flowers, probably not to be fulfilled. You have been working on lots of wonderful things and I know a nephew who will probably be thrilled with that pillow case. LOL I hope you and Joe enjoyed the extra time together. And the Newt, too.