Thursday, April 16, 2020

After the Storm(s)

About a week ago, I went to sleep lulled by thunder and lightning. So many people don't like storms, but I find the comforting in the noise and strength. Apparently, it went on for several hours. The news in the morning reported trees damaged and uprooted, power outages, even tornados. An inch of rain fell.

I walked my yard in the morning with the dogs. We had minimal damage, mostly just branches.


There's always debris with I don't mind gathering. It's a time of reflection. This particular morning I was thinking about pruning. The necessity of it. The pain and aches that are present at times. The joy that is usually the end result. It's not always a bad thing.


Pruning helps the growth and overall health. Keeps the decay at bay.



It helps to look past the surface and the facade. Go deeper. There is beauty there.

So we've had rain and . . . 

 

With rain loving feathered friends - because I set up the birdbath right under my dining room window so I can watch them come and go.



 And snow !!!

It started mid-afternoon and this is what we woke up to. 


By lunchtime, it was all gone.

In the meantime, I'm keeping busy indoors.


I made a doll-size quilt from a mini charm pack I had laying on my cutting table.


I sorted and played with my Tilda fabrics.I'm behind making blocks, so I wanted to get started.


  

And I finished Betsy's Closet, one of my goals for April.


Hope you all have a good, productive week.
Stay safe and healthy.

Thanks for stopping by.


Don't worry about anything; 
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, thank him for all he has  done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. He will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 6-7














1 comment:

Susan said...

That Bible verse is so true. Which only means I tried it and it worked, because we always knew it was true. =) Betsy's Closet looks great! I like the way you put the blocks together. The doll quilt is so cute, too. Seeing it and reading the words mini charms, I remembered I have collected 3 sets for a pattern I loved, but I've forgotten where to find the pattern, or even what it was called. Things just don't work in the head the way they once did. LOL Lots of good reflection and pondering about life here today.