Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Productivity

I love productivity.

I've become addicted to my to-do and measure my accomplishments by it. Not necessarily a good thing, but there you have it.

I've been working on the guest room the last couple of days. It's far from perfect, afterall, it needs painted - again !!! But it is, at least, clean. I washed the windows, swept that carpet really good, washed and rehung curtains, stripped and remade the bed. I even rearranged furniture and bought a new lamp shade. Very happy with the end results. I'm as ready for my father-in-law's visit as I can be.


So that has allowed me some time to do some stitching.


this is now this . . . 


I'm so excited to have made this much project. This block was not nearly as challenging as the previous one that had only two colors. I was worried about this one, too. I am now in the home stretch on this project with only two more blocks to complete. Block 15 has been started and hopefully will be finished tomorrow.



This . . .


My sweet little miniature rose.

Is now this :)


Isn't she gorgeous. She sits on the fence going into the back yard, so everytime the dogs and I go out, I get to enjoy her beauty. Makes me very happy.


Today was a gorgeous day all around. We went out and I actually sat down and read a couple of chapters in my book while the dogs played. 



My afternoon respite turned around 5 this afternnon and it looked like we were going to get a severe storm, but it very sweetly passed us by. There is more forecast, but I'm not overly concerned. I enjoy rainy days. Afterall, they just afford more stitching time because the yard and gardens will have to wait until it's dry again :)

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.




No comments: