Monday, June 15, 2015

If only

there were more hours in the day . . .


 what would you do with them?

Would you have a longer to-do list?
Would you visit a shut-in? A friend?
Would you do more for yourself?
Your family?
Your community?

Or would you _____________?

I had planned my Saturday to work on a missions project -


these adorable little skirts.

I did manage to get a few done,

in between running to the library, grocery store, take-out meals, laundry, etc.

I planned my menu . . .

I stripped my bed and put fresh sheets on . . .

planned my "to-do" list - which never seems to end . . .
By 9 p.m. I was exhausted.

Sunday, I went to church and was reminded about expectations.

"to whom much is given, much will be required"
Luke 12:48

How much have I been given? 
How richly blessed is my life?

Yes, we struggle . . . financially, emotionally, physically.
There are huge demands on our time . . . work, taking care of home and each other, paying bills, maintaining our home and vehicles.

But we are richly blessed.
So I don't complain about how much I fill my days with as much as I complain about how much I don't get done.

The solution - don't plan so much. Things will get done. The missions work is important,
the family members are important. Sometimes you have to be flexible. So what if the laundry isn't caught up, or the floors swept.

Prioritize.

There have been some hard lessons these past few weeks in church. Last week it was whether to be Martha or Mary. Those of us that are always so busy and doing and not necessarily enjoying the journey are the Marthas. We were challenged to make a better choice. Mary chose to sit at Jesus' feet and listen to Him. Jesus didn't care if the food was ready or the floors swept. He looks for us to sit at His feet - to make the better choice.

Prioritize.

Make a better choice.

And remember . . .

"to whom much is given, much will be required".

It's not only important to remember how much will be required, but to give our absolute best when we give it. It's quality, not quantity. At the end of the day, it's just stuff. But that "stuff" should include a piece of our hearts making sure we give and do with the right attitude.



Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, Edi. I have come to terms with the fact that I am a Martha. I show love by caring for others. Martha loved the Lord just as much as Mary, but she showed it in different ways. Most likely because she was the older one and used to being responsible.