Saturday, December 26, 2015

Enjoying Christmas week

MERRY CHRISTMAS


We enjoyed a pleasant Christmas Eve at my mom's. 


She made a wonderful dinner and the kids opened their gifts. We mostly just do it for them and the adults just enjoy. My nieces liked their wreaths and scrapbooks. Financially, everyone is tight so we kept things small. I've already started making plans for next year and will try and use what I already have to minimize cost and help alleviate some of the extra supplies that are just taking up space and either need to be used or purged.

We celebrated a quiet Christmas Day at home just the three of us. Mom, of course, was invited, but declined to just have a quiet day without any stress or responsibility. She needed to catch up on her rest too, as far as I was concerned.

 I gifted myself with this adorable treat tower. Honey Do and Newton received one each from me as part of their gifts.

 

Honey Do gifted me with this adorable Vermont Teddy Bear "Penguin".
He's gifted me one almost annually since we've been married. It's getting harder because I have so many after 16 years of marriage and the novelty has sort of worn off. But this one, I really wanted and he loves me :)

We all enjoyed the quiet, watching movies, playing video games and I did some stitching :)



I began one of the two wool blocks I need to get finished before the middle of January.



Listening to my book as stitched.

I hope and pray you all had a blessed Christmas with family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your day was so perfect. I like that shade of green wool.