Friday, June 1, 2018

May Goals and finishes

Hey Folks, It's JUNE !!!!




Here are my goals for the rest of May:

1. Crazy Quilt BOM
- get back to stitching YES !!


more stitching than I've done in months !!!


2. Fall into a Quilt
- block 1 DONE



I still want to put buttons in the eyes to give it some dimension.


3. Mystery QAL #1
- finish quilting  DONE !!!




My quilting is far from perfect, but I'm absolutely thrilled with the finish.


4. Mystery QAL #2
- finish cutting out pieces YES


I got my fabric a while back, finally got to the rest of the prep work.


5. "Bee" BOM
- assemble May block DONE


I goofed sewing on my sashing, so I found more fabric and just waiting for it to arrive to finish this block.

6. P&N Baby Quilt
- quilt and bind - no, still trying to get to this one :(

So what else is going on:


The veg garden is in :)


It's been hot and humid . . .


And it's been raining off and on. We even got remnants of the first hurricane of the season.

 

Rocky has been taking me for walks and visiting with puppy friends in the neighborhood.

These roses are from my favorite bush, a gift from my mom.




Verse of the Day


What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31 NIVUK


This verse is carrying special meaning for me this week.


Gavin was my 13 year old great nephew - one of the "greats" as I referred to them here on my blog. He passed away over the weekend. The family is devastated. But as I remind myself, we are not exempt from tragedy, loss or heartbreak. I was also reminded by a close friend that he is with God - my first thought actually. If you have a minute, please lift up our whole family in prayer over this unexpected loss and especially his immediate family. Gavin has six half brothers, older and younger. One of his brothers and a cousin were with him at the time. They are really having a rough time.


 

Thanks for stopping by,


Wishing you a day filled with kindness.


2 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful picture of Gavin. Thank you for sharing that. I thought it was friends with him. How hard for those young men related to him to think about his loss, and probably suffer survivor's guilt. I am continuing to pray for peace for your family.

You have a lot of goals accomplished in May. The Mystery QAL#1 looks wonderful. Thanks for showing the back so the quilting shows up better. Your little hedgehog is adorable! I like the gray eyes.

Woohoo, stitching! I got about 2 inches of stitching today - all that I've done in the last three weeks! Are you reporting Sunday? I did, but 2 inches isn't much to hoot about! LOL

Those bee blocks, every single one of them, are so cute. Where did you say you are getting those? Your garden is looking good. I bet it's growing fast! Ours are drowning in all the rain! Even my pots look a little bedraggled and soggy.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Been praying for your family hon, what a devastating loss - will pray especially for those who were with him, and for his parents. I can't even imagine....my heart just breaks for all of you.