Thursday, December 27, 2018

December - Week 1

Can you believe December is almost over already? You're probably as tired of hearing that as I am saying it, but this year has just flown by. It's actually been pretty depressing for me. Honey Do and I had a nice conversation about it and my inability to change it so I might as well get over it. I know, a little harsh, but he was right.

So I'm over it. And Week 1 is now Week 3 and into Week 4 !!! I'm not going to say it :)

The weather has been unusual. We'll get rain, lots of it and the backyard is nothing but a mud pit, not that my dogs mind running through it and just having a ball.

And then there's lots of sunshine . . . 

 


and let's not leave out the snow !!!



Unfortunately, for this December baby, there's never too much snow. And we did not have a white Christmas.

Speaking of my sweet man, took myself and son out for lunch for my day and our anniversary. What a nice time we had at a new local sushi place.





This is Honey Do's lunch. He loves his shashimi and sushi. 
I go the orchid :) 
Isn't this just pretty?
Even if you don't care for the food, the presentation is beautiful.




My lunch came in a "bento box". Again, I think it's a beautiful presentation even though it's basically just a fried chicken patty and plain white rice :)

We had a nice time and I had a very relaxing, lazy weekend. I only cooked breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning and made dinner Sunday evening. I'm well rested and happy.

That doesn't mean I haven't been working on something things. 

December is Pajama Marathon time.

I had 14 pairs to be made, 
and they are finished. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of any of them. But I did get a "thank you" photo from my oldest niece of her two youngest.



These are two of the sweetest boys I know <3

Christmas shopping was done via the internet this year. All my gifts were delivered by Christmas eve, although one sat on the front porch for two days because I didn't know that Fedex dropped it off. I got the confirmation email about delivery on December 26. I'm really thankful that if wasn't stolen.

I'm finished working the inventory job from the two weeks before Christmas with the potential of doing some interim inventory throughout the coming year.  Busy makes me happy :)

I hope all your holiday plans went smoothly and you are all happy and healthy.

And if you are like me, I just found out that Craftsy had been sold and there are lots of new changes happening already. The biggest one for me, and probably you, at the moment is if you have patterns you haven't yet downloaded you have until December 27 or 28 to do that. After that, they are gone !!! So between everything else we have going on, we'll have to find some time to get that done. 

For our designer friends, a lot of them are losing their shops and won't be able to provide us new patterns through Craftsy. The ones that are remaining have limited access and control over their own inventory. There are so many things about this that are just not sitting well with me and I have had my account closed, although I checked and it has not been deleted. It will be the last time I access the website.

Make sure you sign up for emails from your favorite designers so that you can stay updated on how you may purchase or download their patterns and designs.


I'm wishing you a very Merry Christmas and God's many blessings as the gift you appreciate and enjoy the most.

And Happy New Year. Looking forward to sharing much more  and following you as we quilt away the days.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.




Verse of the day:

For God did not send his Son
into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him.

John 3:17 NIVUK

1 comment:

Susan said...

When I come visit again, you don't have to show me that restaurant. LOL. I *could* deal with rice and chicken, if it doesn't smell like fish, or the chicken gets fried in the same grease the fish does. Regan would like it. But I don't think it would do well on the long drive. Best to just avoid it, I think, and go to the buffet place. =) Or we could stop in and bring Joe a treat for when he gets home. That is pretty, and so disappointing when it's tasted. LOL

Your weather was even squirrelier than mine, I think! Nice that you may have work off and on during the year. More FQ money! =)