Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A few days respite

I am allowing myself a few days respite. Days that I can do all the stitching I want free from the guilt of laundry, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation. Honey Do is out of town for a few days. Normally I go with him, but circumstances didn't allow it this time. I spent last Saturday catching up the laundry. I spent all day Monday cleaning the house. In between, I puttered in the garden a bit . . . a small bit :)

Monday evening I spent preparing my next pair of Little Stitches.


And Tuesday, I spent all day stitching this little beauty. It's not finished yet, but I love it.


I was reading Corey's blog this morning and look what she's done . . . 


Isn't it gorgeous. I'm adding it to my "to-do" list.

Next on the agenda . . . 


I was given the honor of testing a new pattern for a very good friend of mine. So I made my "shopping list". I went through my stash to see what I already have so I don't have to purchase unnecessarily. I highlighted what I have so I can still see it on the list. If while I'm shopping I see something that I think will work better, I will purchase it. I do have to say, I'm very excited about getting started on this project :) You are all going to love it.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


2 comments:

Wendyb said...

oooh you are sooooo organised girl!!!!! I must take a leaf out of your book....I flutter from one project to another, often finishing none!!!! LOVE how you prep for Birdy Stitches.......I just wing it LOL but I'm up to that block too and you've reminded me I must get started on it or I'll fall behind again!!!! I do love Corey's bag, but I'll leave that one to you....I have too many on my 'to do' list already!!!! haha Can't wait to see your version of the sneaky new project *wink*!!!! xoxoxo love n sugary sweet hugs Wendy :o)

e said...

Trust me, I flutter back and forth also, but I have to keep it organized. There is nothing worse than wanting to work on something and not having all the pieces together. The mountain of UFOs doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. May have to set time aside to just work on those :) Love the bag, but it's not a priority at the moment. XOXO