Sunday, June 22, 2014

FNSI - the recap


When I opened my living room window this morning, this gorgeousness greeted me. It looks pretty purple here, but is actually a very dark burgandy - almost black :) It's called dragon's tongue and I purchased it probably very close to 10 years ago. I have never regretted the cost of the plant and it's one of my absolute favorites and I look forward to it every year.



We started with a pretty pink sky. I know that usually means rain. I won't be complaining because my vegetable garden would love another drink. 

* * * * *

After grocery shopping for the weekend supplies and some weeding, it was time for Newton to come home from school and Honey Do from work. Simple supper - sandwiches. No one really wanted anything too heavy. And the rains came. My garden will get the drink it so desperately longs for.

After dinner I started cutting out the fabric for my secret project. As I stated on Friday, I ordered new fabrics and was excited to get started. This is going to be a very bright, colorful project.

 

I'm only using a couple from the bundle, but as you can see it is bright :)

* * * * * 

Next up, the rag rug. Last month it was almost done and I only work on it when I have enough "yarn" made.


And it's done !! I love it.

I have enough scraps to make another one - I think it might be a gift for BFF just because she'll love it too.

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Hope you had a productive FNSI . 

Wishing you a creative day.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower! I don't believe I've ever seen one like that. Anxious to see your new project! Congrats on the rug finish. Great idea! Maybe it would use up some of my bazillion scraps if I did that.

Wendyb said...

Gorgeousness all around Edi!!! Love it all...and those fabrics are going to work up a treat! I just know BFF will love your rag rug...what a clever idea to use up scraps..a lovely idea!
love and big sugary hugs (and a surprise for you to be had...*wink*)
xox Wendy :o)

e said...

I found that flower years ago in a Breck's catalog. It is really startin to multiply now. I'm going to have to start thinking about transplanting in the near future.

I'm very pleased with my rug, thank you. I like it much better than the yarn ones I made. Because I'm using all cotton strips of fabric, it's holding it's shape better. Scrap yarn didn't work quite as well. I'd love to see your scrap rug :)

e said...

Thanks Wendy. I found the idea on Pinterest for the rug. It was a no sew, but I didn't particularly like the amount of time it was taking me. So I sewed my scraps end to end and made my own "yarn". Made the work much faster and more satisfying.

I LOVE your surprises :) Thank you.

Janet said...

Congratulations on winning! I love the brights that you are using in your "surprise".

e said...

Thank you, Janet. It was a pleasant surprise.
And thank you - I'm very pleased with the progression of this project.