Monday, June 23, 2014

Busy, Busy Monday

Today just went - went by fast, really fast !!! I was gone most of the day. But I'm definitely not complaining.

First stop, the library. I had books and movies to return and a new pattern to print.


Have you been following Jenny at Elefantz? She is sharing a 26 week FREE (!!!!!) pattern and instructions for The Lord's Prayer. As you can see from her photo, she does beautiful work and designs gorgeous patterns. All of her Biblically based work she shares with us at no cost - and this is no exception. It is going to be a gorgeous wall hanging. One that I know I will be proud to display in my own home.  Thank you Jenny :)

Next stop, church :)  We are in the midst of preparing for Vacation Bible School (VBS). I have several volunteers helping me cut, count and package supplies for the craft department - did you really expect me to work anywhere else? We are trying something new this year. I ask for your prayers to see it successful and touch these young lives. The 4th, 5th and 6th graders will be participating in making squares for quilts. There are other ladies in the church that will assemble, quilt and bind the quilts, but the children will be do the actual blocks. I believe they will be coloring the fabric. My group isn't really responsible for any of the prep work, we'll just be working with the children to get them completed so they can be passed on to the next phase.

And finally, the fabric store :)
It's been several weeks since I've been, but I can honestly say that I'm not having withdrawals. Between working on VBS and my WsIP (works in progress), I really haven't had the urge to go. But I've been teasing you about this new project I'm starting . . .


I purchased the remaining fabric. My choices just made me happy !!! I love the colors. 
Monday evening will be spent watching the rain come down and cutting. 
Tuesday will be spent sewing :)

Overall, a very good day.

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


4 comments:

Melody said...

How wonderful that the children are making quilt blocks.

e said...

Thanks, Mel. It's the first year, so we'll have a lot to learn. But very excited about the prospect of them doing a community service project.

Anonymous said...

Children catch on fast! I had 4th-6th graders making quilts many years of my teaching career. They did a great job! Yours will, too. Love the fabrics you bought. Really want to see what you are making. =)

e said...

Thank you, Susan. I sure hope so. I'm not the most experienced quilter. I'm still pretty new to the whole process. Accuracy is a huge struggle and frustration for me. :)