Monday, June 30, 2014

New week, new goals

It's three weeks until Vacation Bible School.
Priorities will be based around what needs to be accomplished to get ready. I have a really good team this year that are ready to dive in and help with whatever needs to be accomplished.


For my part, I'm sewing fish :)


I finally got this garden weeded !! Mom and Sister donated some of the plants. The disk in the center is from a log that Honey Do cut for me so that I could make a "walk" in my vegetable garden, but there weren't enough, so I relocated a few. I still have a huge oregano to move, but have to prepare weed the "herb" garden first. I have other plants that need to be divided, shared and relocated. That makes it cost effective :)

* * * * * 
 


Spent Saturday with Sister and Niece going to a craft fair and antique shopping. I love that my Niece loves to do these things. She's the youngest of three sisters and in her youth she and I spent a fair amount of time together - almost every weekend :) She's the one that calls the most and we get to spend the most time with. Her "Honey" is an absolute sweetheart and they are a good match. We love spending time with them. And they don't seem to mind our company either.

These were some of the things I saw that I liked. Some ideas to maybe expound - make my own designs, maybe stitch? We'll see.

* * * * * 

 

BFF finished a quilt over the weekend !!! It is absolutely gorgeous. She has been doing a fantastic job of not only piecing these works of art together, but she's hand quilting each and everyone. I just had to show it off for her. She's encouraging me to do the same, but I'm not convinced yet. 

* * * * * 


First day of summer vacation for Newton :) I usually let him sleep as long as possible - less time for stressing each other out. Being a teenager (just) is hard work !!

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


This was my favorite sign in one of the shops we visited :)




No comments: