Wednesday, June 25, 2014

And the rains came . . .

and came . . .

 
It started raining Monday evening, stopped until Tuesday evening - when it stormed - and has continued into this morning. The birds, gardens and weeds love it. Temperatures are a little cooler, and that's nice.

* * * * * 


Isn't this the cutest little iron you've ever seen? I've been using it to press the seems of my new quilt as I sit at the diningroom table. I don't like having the mess of crafting all over my house, but I haven't been able to carve out the time to work in the "studio" (which is in the basement). So about a week ago, I brought my sewing maching to the diningroom and just move it for meals and move it back when I'm ready to sew again. I have managed to get a lot more done since I made that decision.

So I managed to get the initial squares cut and put together. 


On to the next step. I would be happy to make a quilt out of just this step. It's really basic, but with some applique or embroidery in the white squares, it would make a really cute baby or small child quilt. I'm going to have to think about that for the "greats" :)

* * * * *
I'm off to some appointments today.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wet! I wouldn't mind that if it dropped the temps about 10 degress. That IS a cute little iron. You are such a tease!

e said...

And I'm having such a good time doing it. I know I'll pay for it in the end, but just can't resist :)