Wednesday, June 18, 2014

And production continues




This is where my day started. I've been wanting to get these blocks caught up from Quilt Doodle Doodle. We are up to block number six. I only had two done. It took me several months to jump in and get started. This is my first real experience in years cutting and assembling blocks. My first piece work is from the early 1990s that is hand-pieced and hand-quilted AND still isn't completed. I've collected kits and started them, but never got very far. 


My goal for today was to get a block finished. This is the first of two trees in this series. Can you see it? I'm pretty pleased with the end results. I worked on it off and on all day. In between caring for the dogs, running a couple of errands, weeding my vegetable garden and making cupcakes. I ended up working until about 10 p.m. but I was determined to get it done :) 
I still have three more blocks to get caught up.


One of my errands was to go to the library and print the grid for the next Little Stitches. It was one of the errands that I ran. I don't know if I'll work on this before July because I'm still re-stitching what I had to un-stitch over the weekend. There are still quite a few goals yet to be completed but I knew going into summer that it would be harder to meet those expectations due to the added responsibilities of yard and garden.

Overall, I'm pleased with Tuesday's accomplishments.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That project is all hand piecing, right? I can't remember the last time I did any hand piecing. I always enjoyed it, but these days, that is served with the crazy quilting and hexagons and any embroidery I have time to do! Love your tree. =)

Wendyb said...

onward and upward Edi....it's looking good. I'm loving that tree....might have to look at the link, but dare I say I REALLY dont need to start anything else!!!!!!!! I have two blocks to catch up on (or is it three) for my quilty stitches too....at least you're going forward hon!
xox sugary sweet hugs
Wendy :o)

e said...

Susan - No this one is all machine pieced. I don't have the patience to do hand piecing, but it was good to learn how it was done. :)

e said...

Wendy -

There are so many projects that I want to do, but don't have time for. If you want to do it later, she has us linked up to Craftsy and the patterns can be downloaded monthly at no charge as long as you do them within that month. Once the month has passed she does charge a small fee. So you could always collect and do later. That's what I do. I'll never have a shortage of projects :)
Thanks for the positive - you make me feel greate :)