Sunday, June 15, 2014

Over-hauling priorities



This morning, I was catching up on some of my emails. It's been an extremely stressful few weeks. . . Honey Do was out of town for three days; I've had a couple of doctor's appointments (waiting for test results); finances are a mess (my fault); and Newton has some issues going on that are being dealt with.

Anyway, the email went on to compliment me on how nice my front yard looked :) Yes, that makes me very happy. Not just because of the compliment, but because I realized that for the first time in a very long time I was proud of what I had accomplished. That I want my home and yard to be pleasing to the eye and welcoming.

I've been neglecting my responsibilities as homemaker. That is a very hard admission to make. I've always prided myself in taking care of and caring about my home. "Pride goeth before the fall". When I started weeding this spring and mulching, I was motivated because the end result is very appealing. I've finally painted my kitchen - that took 6 years. I still have cupboards to either stain or paint, but I'm on my way. I have plans to do some purging and reorganizing in the next few weeks, as well as cleaning the carpets.

As I was responding to the email, I realized I need to over-haul my priorities. I NEED to be proud of my home - not with a vainful heart, but a humble heart because I've been given the privelidge of not having to work and being able to stay home. My time is basically my own. I can do with it what I want. My sweet husband doesn't come home and complain that the dishes aren't done, or the floors aren't swept. He does get a little testy if his laundry isn't done. Honestly, that does happen ocassionally, but not often.

As much as I love sewing, stitching and crafting, I MUST make my family and home a priority. I MUST clean and garden, cook and plan menus. But if I take care of my priorities, I'm sure that I will be blessed with plenty of time to do the things I want to do.


My first rose of the season !!

 







The last few weekends, Honey Do has made time to go outside and make use of the hammock that was a gift several years ago. Prioritizing includes making time for relaxation. I know I've been enjoying that little bit of R & R.

* * * * * 

So how do you handle your responsibilities and priorities? I know I can't be the only one that falls short of perfection . . . but then again, maybe . . . :)

* * * * * 
I spent my morning doing household chores, and making frozen yogurt. Peaches were on sale last week, so I got enough to set aside and make the yogurt.


I took the photo from Pinterest.  Here's your link.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.



No comments: