Friday, June 27, 2014

Prayer answered

and a huge relief on my part. I had a doctor appointment Wednesday to go over some tests. Everything came back clear and no issues. This has weighed heavy on my mind and heart because for most all of my life I have been a healthy person with no major concerns. So to have to start worrying about them now is rather bothersome and worrisome. As soon as the doctor gave me the all clear I sent up a prayer of thanksgiving and praise.

* * * * *

 


We've had a bit of rain the last couple of days :)
The wheelbarrow was empty and sits out in the open; the rain barrels were only about half full, although, to be perfectly honest they are catching rain that is falling directly off a roof :) And what's a good storm without creating puddles of water for the dogs to run through on the way to their yard :)

* * * * * 


First block of the "secret project" is done.

I LOVE it. It's amazing what I don't know and I can still do something that looks like this !!! 
So very excited :) I have a lot to learn about "1/4 inch seams" and piecing and matching up, but over all, not bad :)

* * * * * 

We are in the final month of prepping for Vacation Bible School. So I'm having to divide my time between my crafts and the crafts for the kids, family and household responsibilitiesm cookiing, cleaning and yard work. This month's goals will not be met, but that's ok - it's for a good cause.


* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


4 comments:

Wendyb said...

Oh Edi, thank God all went well at the doctor's...such very good news! Loving the rain pictures, and your orange block is divine!!! It's going to look great, I just know it!
You ARE on track getting everything done, just so hard fitting EVERyTHING in in our timeframe isn't it?
love and big big sugary sweet ones! xox :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that the health concerns were only that - concerns and not really issues! Hooray! The rain is wonderful. Do you use the rain barrels to water your garden? What a great block! I love the lighter and darker shades together. Now I can, even more, hardly wait to see the whole thing!

e said...

Wendy,
Thank you. I'm so blessed to have good health and few issues - and minimal at best.
Loving the rain. We don't get as much as my garden would like.
I'm trying really hard on the blocks. Wish I could say it was smooth sailing, but it's my inexperience more than anything else. I love the challenge.

e said...

Susan,
Thank you. Concerns we can live with and they just force us to pray harder.
I can't say that matching colors is a strong suit, especially prints. But I love these tonal prints because they make it so much easier to match. I'll have to do close ups so you can see that they are actually prints.