Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Where, oh where . . .

Has my motivation gone? To that end I have nothing to report for my stitching.

I did however, order and receive some new reference material.

First, Quilted Skinnies, for which I received an advertisement from Amazon. I just love small, quick quilts for seasonal wall hangings and gifts.
Second, The Gentle Art of Domesticity. I heard about this one from Jenny of Elefantz and was curious. I tried to borrow it from the library, but they didn't have it. I found it on line and ordered it. It's an interesting book. I'm looking forward to perusing the chapters.
And finally, McCall's Embroidery Book.


Someone posted this on Pinterest and I was curious. 


This book is dated, but that's not a bad thing. Today, we'd be fortunate to get this book under $30.00, let alone $12.95 !!!


As I said it was dated. The last copyright in this print was 1976. At that time, my mom was working for a home party company that sold stitchery kits. Back then, I'd been encouraged by a Home Economics teacher to design my own works, but never really thought much about it. It amazes me after all these years that the things of my youth are some of my most precious memories and activities. I'm blessed to still have my mom and share many of those interests.


This is just one of the pages. Of course, a pin cushion and needle book would catch my interest. 

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

No comments: