Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Gorgeous, busy Monday . . . Tuesday . . .


Where to start. It's Monday :) It's absolutely gorgeous out. Overnight temperatures went into the low 50s and the high today is only mid 70s. Can't ask for better than that. Sun shining and a light breeze. It could stay like this year round as far as I'm concerned.

It's been a busy one.  We started with these precious little things.

 

It's dark outside the first time we visit the backyard first thing - about 5:30 a.m. I can barely see the dogs let alone anything else. This morning, I heard a scream. I finally got the dogs to come to me and once they were secured in the house I grabbed the flashlight and went to investigate. I found the first one and went to check if there were any more and found the second. They were still breathing, so I just left them alone. I hope "Mama" comes back for them soon. I'd hate to see them perish. We have lots of squirrels, but these are just babies and need their mama.  The pups are none too happy that they can't run through their own yard - they'll get over it :)

* * * * *
So, what have I been up to.  Once I got Honey Do on his way, I seriously debated about just going back to bed. It's Monday afterall and who really wants do chores?  


Please, don't misunderstand me. I love a clean house, laundry caught up, a well-maintained yard. Do I necessarily want to be the one to do all that?  Absolutely not !!! At the same time, I don't want anyone else doing it either. It's that A-type personality. We're control freaks. Consequently, the list. The To-Do list. I started it yesterday and it just kept growing this morning.

So after my Bible study, I got started. No, I didn't go back to bed :(


This is kind of where I started -the mess. I had piles of paperwork to put away, magazines and old mail to dispose of, dusting, vacuuming, dishes, laundry and lots of other odds and ends.  It also interfers with the creative process. I hate clutter and I'm the biggest culprit in my house. I'm always stacking things to put away later. I'm always doing something, so later is good until later gets here and I can't move around the mess.

I always feels so much better when the house is clean and I can just sit down and start working on my projects. Things get let go when I get stressed out. It's like my system shuts down. Added to the stress that I'm already living with is an upcoming visit from my father-in-law. He'll be here Tuesday evening and staying for a month. I don't really mind the visit, but it will be a change in my normal routine. I'm as ready for the visit as I can be. Room is clean and ready. I hope he enjoys his time here with us.

By noon my cleaning was done, tomatoes cooling to go in the freezer and the laundry has one more load to wash and dry, then it will be caught up for at least a few days.

* * * * *

My afternoon was spent reviewing the Sunday School lesson for next week. I ordered my copy requirements and just needed to organize my notes. Tuesday I'm starting a new, in-depth study of Moses at another church. I'm going with a friend, so I'm really looking forward to it. My own personal study is on Esther and it's hosted by Love God Greatly. Esther is only for eight weeks. The Moses study will go on through the school year. I found out during registration that this organization has over 1,000 locations that are conducting the same study. So matter where you are, there may be one close to you if you are interested. The organization is Bible Study Fellowship International. You are linked up :) Hope you check them out.

* * * * *

So on that note, I will check in when I can. Not sure how busy Pops and Honey Do and I will be over the next few weeks. More importantly, how much will I get accomplished. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edi, I don't think I've ever seen one so young before. Did Mama come back? I could see a children's book in this. =) I have to be honest and say I would have gone back to bed. The housework always waits around here! We just finished a side-by-side study of Kings and Chronicles at church, and it was so interesting.

Wendyb said...

I loved my visit with you today....felt like I was really there....and yes, we are so like kindred spirits.....I heard myself saying, yes, that's me too, as I was reading through......the only difference being you're more disciplined with your cleaning!!! LOL Hope mama squirrel came back for the little darlings.....they look so lost and cold! Going to look up that bible study....thanks hon...have a great day...hope the visit goes well! xoxox sugary sweet ones :o)