Sunday, September 21, 2014

Lazy Sunday

Or not. It was supposed to be. But first there was "church" :) . . .  and what a good morning it was ! ! !

 



























** Photos found on internet


We had the privelidge of hosting the Uganda Children's Choir. The children ranged in age from six years old !!!! to about 12. I can't imagine traveling that far when you are that young ! It was such a joy and blessing to start my day with their performances.  Then I had the privelidge of spending the rest of my morning with my third and fourth graders. Another blessing and joy. I can't tell you how much I love these kids. It doesn't matter how long and difficult my week may have been, when Sunday rolls around and I get to see these smiling faces, all my stress melts away and I'm good again.

* * * * *

My "lazy" Sunday afternoon was spent catching up on emails. There were so many phenominal projects and so much productivity. If you haven't ever done a Friday Night Sew In (visit Wendy for the details), you should consider it. Visit Wendy to see who participated and you are linked up to all of the bloggers and check out what everyone has been up to.

Once I did that, I started making dinner and cleaning up as I went.  It's nice to have a houseful because whatever I make is getting eaten. I'm having to cook almost daily, but I really don't mind. Today's dinner was chicken/broccoli, rice casserole. There was only one small serving left over.  Saturday, I made 2 - 9x13 pans of lasagna. I put the second one in the freezer for another meal in a few weeks or month, but the first one was finished.  Not sure what's on the menu for Monday, yet :)

* * * * *
Not much sewing this weekend beyone Friday night. It's raining this evening and unseasonable cool. Not sure if the yard will be dry enough to work outside, so I'll be able to get some sewing done. I have a quilt block to finish before the end of the week.

And of course, there are the new projects coming in. Here's a couple of my absolute favorites:


Wendy is providing us with a series of six Christmas designs, one every Thursday. 
This is block 3 in the series and you can get it here. They are quick and easy and just the perfect size to take with you and stitch at an appointment or an in-between a bigger project to make you feel like you are getting somethiing done :)


If you've been following along, can you believe Jenny has provided us 16 blocks already in the Lord's Prayer ? ? ! ! This is going to be a gorgeous piece when it's done. I haven't actually begun mine yet because I have  soo too many things already in the works.  But soon :)  If you haven't, here's your link up. Jenny is generously sharing this stitchery at no cost in honor of God's many blessings to us. I hope and prayer this project blesses you as it has already done for so many of us.

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


** The roses are mine :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord's Prayer has gone by fast, but I have to check and be sure I have three of Wendy's blocks, too! I might have missed one! Your photos of the children's choir looks so joyous. What a great way to start Sunday. I think you must be exactly where you need to be, feeling like that about your Sunday School. =)

Wendyb said...

what a wonderful way to spend Sunday!! I'm sure those children were over here in Australia not long ago...what a trip for them....amazing and such inspiration. And how exciting for you and your SS family....makes me smile! I have to write the pattern for number 5 tonight....how fast this has gone!! and I'm like you sis!!! ..... I've collected all of Jen's, even have the fabric to go with it, but haven't started yet for all the things I have in the wings! Love that you got to spend your Sunday as a day of rest....as it was intended! xoxoxo