Friday, September 12, 2014

Where, oh where,

has my week gone ?? !! Thursday evening I was informed that it was Thursday !!!! Now it's Friday - I know . . . natural progression . . . BUT I'VE LOST ALL THE DAYS IN BETWEEN. I have no idea where the time has gone. Everything is literally a blurr.

So what have I been doing to occupy myself to that point?  It doesn't ever feel like much. Pops (father-in-law) arrived late Tuesday evening. That put bedtime off, and I think that's where things started to get blurry :)


I know I spent time in the yard. I've cleaned up some brush and restacked a pile of wood that had to be moved.

I fell in love with my garden again.

 

  

We had some good storms come through Wednesday evening.

 

So even this morning, Friday, there is still quite a bit of moisture and rain water standing. It's limited the yard work, but that's ok with me because it just gives me another excuse to play with fabric :) Which, of course, I have done. The storms have given us a respite as far as the heat and humidity are concerned. We are definitely feeling autumn like temperatures. Friday is only forecast in the upper 50s. It's my favorite time of year.

As for my playing with fabric :)


Row 4 of the Tilda quilt is almost done :)


The final block of the row is in progress. I'm hoping to have the row done this weekend. After row 5 I need to decide if I want to keep going or just stop and finish with borders. Just not sure yet. It is very exciting to be close to a monthly goal and to almost have the whole top done.

* * * * * 

So what are your weekend plans? I'm continuing to work on my Bible studies. The one on Moses is taking quite a bit of time, but even after the first few days I'm feeling blessed and peaceful about my decision to dive into such an intense study. Over the course of the year, we'll be studying 4 books of the Bible. Not a bad way to spend my time and long over-due.

* * * * * 

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative weekend.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous roses. Thanks for sharing them. It seems this happens to me more and more - losing days. I'm sure you are doing some family things, and that is more important than stitching, I'm told. ;) Love your new Tilda work. I did some UFO sewing this morning and will stitch this afternoon.