Thursday, September 25, 2014

"I'm so excited . . .

and just can't hide it. . . "

Do you recall the song with these lyrics? It's from the Pointer Sisters, but I couldn't figure out how to download and share it with you. Anyway, what's got me excited is this.



I finally have my first sewing machine block for the Quilter's Garden Mystery Swap. This is the very first swap I've ever done and quite honestly, once I got the pattern and started cutting the pieces and reading the instructions, I got REALLY scared. I don't have a lot of experience with piecing. I can tell you I've already learned a lot just from this one block.




I used my favorite method of applique - the blanket stitch. I have to tell you, I did lots of unpicking and restitching but I'm pretty pleased with how this actually turned out. And 5 days to spare :)

"I'm   so   excited,   and   I   just   can't   hide   it   . . . "

Off to post my photos with Deanna.

* * * * *

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean about the thread in the air. But that led to a very happy solution! I do remember that song. Sadly. LOL