Friday, September 5, 2014

It's Friday !!!


And what better way to start the weekend than with friends? It's first Friday, so get your projects out, put your feet up and join us for some stitching, crafting, quilting, sewing or whatever you enjoy doing. You are in VERY good company.

* * * * *

As you know, I signed up for my very first swap this week. I'm still pretty nervous, but it's time to try something new and get my feet wet.


These are my initial fabric choices. The large brown print is the basis the swap is being based on.



These are my choices so far. That's not to say I'm going to use all of them and as I get going, I may change my mind completely. Most of them were in my stash, but I needed yellow so I picked those up this morning. I was very pleased with myself because I didn't take the large brown print with me and just went with it.  The yellow at the top of the photo is a tonal with a white swirl and pin dot. The foreground as you can see is a dot also :) The yellow flower in the large brown print - yup - it has a white dot in the print :) VERY happy that I chose so well :)

* * * * *

While I purused the store - I don't allow myself frequent trips because I think I have to have someofeachie (some-of-each-ie) and can spend a whole pay check without even batting an eye (and that is definitely not in the budget) - I found these little sandwhich baggies.


If you look closely, you can see that two were 50 cents each and the other one was $1.00. So for $2.00 I thought I would see what I was getting.  Let me just say - I'm not sorry I made the investment.  

Here's what I got:


The first 50 cent pack included these four print, two fruits and two dots. Don't you just love dots?  They rank right up there with tonals, very versatile. the largest piece was 9x17, the dots were 10.5x6.  Not too shabby !! I'm thinking this will make a really cute pin cushion or hot pad.


This one is saying needlebook . . .
Large print is 10 x 17, smallest is 5 x 7.5.
Only 50 cents !!

And this is what I got for $1.00 !!!

The largest piece is 17x45.
The small solid pieces are 6x7.5.
The biggest piece of large dots is almost 10x12.
I'm seeing a new tote bag out of this one.

I'm thinking next time I want a new little project or just stash builders, I'm going to go see my local quilt shop - she's only about 10 mins from home :)

* * * * *

I'm very pleased with the progress I'm making on Bethlehem Block 9.


He's my Friday Night With Friends project.

* * * * *

  

Nina says it's too hot to do much of anything today - 90 plus !!! So we are going to spend a fair amount of time going in and out. Soak up some sun, soak up some a/c. Should make for a pleasant afternoon.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Block 9! Those are great fabric choices! When my fabric arrived, I was surprised the print was so large. I was picturing something about half that. You did a great job with your coordinating. Yes, that's way too hot to do much of anything!

Wendyb said...

Oh Edi..what bargains!!! I'd not stop at $2 I'm afraid.....wonderful!!!!
Love your swap fabric and coordinates...you DID do well my friend! And block 9 is looking great too!
Enjoy the A/c
xoxo love n hugs
WEndy :o)