Monday, September 1, 2014

Something old, somethings new

Something old . . .

I borrowed this book from the library months ago (probably one of the reasons they are changing their borrowing policy - oops :) . . .  anyway . . .

I have several pages marked and someday, I'll just purchase the book and go from there. But for now I'm in love with this little angel.

They are called "Teaspoon Ladies". I attempted to make her - I guess I just don't have the patience for these teeny miniatures. So I'll just scrap this project for now in favor of something I already have started. :)

* * * * *

Something new :)


I finished this miniature today :)  If you haven't gotten your's yet, you can from Ms. Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts. It's a weekly stitch-a-long (SAL) that will make up into a table runner (unless your creative self comes up with something else). I'm thinking of making several to give as gifts this holiday season.

* * * * * 

Something else new :)
I've joined my first swap. Getting my feet wet. Thank you to Ms. Susan at Dessert Sky Quilts for the invite and encouragement. I'm a little nervous because of course it's something new to me and out of my comfort zone. But I'm getting lots of positive encouragement, so here goes nothing. I understand it's not too late to sign up, so here's your link :)


I still have to add the button to my side bar, but doesn't it look like fun? I love the colors and the theme:
Quilter's Garden.
I think we can all relate to that one :)

* * * * *

I can't believe it's Monday already. Honey Do and I have spent five very quiet, relaxing days. Hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and if you were fortunate enough to have a long weekend, all the better.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.






No comments: