Thursday, July 12, 2018

Monday, . . . Tuesday . . .


I hope your Monday is going well. 

I had a very productive weekend as my goal report attests too. Not everything got done, but I was very happy with my results.

And we're back to Monday. I love Mondays. I've told you that before. I've recharged over the weekend, doing only the necessary chores . . . 
maybe some laundry . . . 
definitely cooking . . . 
planning for the coming week . . .
some walks . . . 
reading and relaxing.

My television wasn't on much this weekend. I have several books I've been reading/listening to and have been wanting to finish them. Typically, I only read at bed time and fall asleep so it takes a really long time to finish a book. Audio books are contingent on how often I leave the house and for how long. 

So I've started listening to some of my books while I sew. I'm on the second one in the last week and one more in the car. Yes, I can keep track of the story lines without getting confused.


The main building is an architectural beauty. The far left is a new addition, but doesn't take away from it's presence and integrity.


I started listening to books when I still worked for an attorney. The main branch of the library was across the street and had a really nice reading garden. Audio books allowed me to watch people (a major distraction for me) and still listen to a story. Reading meant I'd re-read the same sentence over and over.

So my Monday started with the usual chores and then I we went out to weed my flower bed. It looked so sad and neglected.


We made some good progress. I can't thank Newton enough for helping me. It's amazing how much faster things go when you have help.


This is the other half that still needs my attention. I'm hoping to finish this on Tuesday (mind you, it's supposed to rain).


This is Rocky's new playmate - he found it in my vegetable garden.

As for sewing, I finished assembling what I could of the second row of the Color Bears.


It's not done here, but I did do it :)


I cut out the pieces for the color block.

Tuesday started with the usual chores. Not as many today since the bulk of them get done on Monday, like laundry and vacuuming.

Then to the sewing machine.


I did finally get it put together and quilted. It's ready for the next row.

Lots of running around and phone calls had to be made on Wednesday. The week is just flying by, hoping your's has been more productive.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.


Verse of the Day

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.’

1 Peter 3:12 NIVUK








2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

I LOVE audio books. I listen while hand sewing. Your blocks are so beautiful!

Susan said...

I love that green block. I haven't listened to audio books much since I don't get to drive alone to the temple very often these days. I don't have anything to play them on. I listen to church talks by the apostles a lot, because I can get them on my phone. =)

It looks like you had a good start to your week, and I hope the ending went as well! Great that you had garden help. Good heart counts for a lot. =)