Monday, January 20, 2020

January Catch Up

It is January 20, 2020 

I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth, although you may think so since I have been absent for quite some time. 

It wasn't my intention to be gone this long, there just a lot going on right now that requires my attention away from the internet. 

I've actually kind of liked not being tied to the computer.

I'm here now. And this is the fun stuff that's been keeping my busy :)


Snow started coming in late Friday. It started melting by the time we got up Saturday morning and raining.


Five o'clock Monday morning. We got more snow Sunday and overnight Monday. And it got really cold. 


 

 

Rocky walking in the tire tracks in the driveway. It's hard to see, but the snow is as deep as he is tall.

And since it was so cold and no school due to MLK day, I did stay in and sew.

I finished my UFO goal for January over the weekend. I'll write a seperate post on that later. I want to make pillow cases to match my quilts, so that's what I'm working on at the moment and I'll post that with it.

I have another one that I wanted to match up.
So I made a pair to go with the Lace Cabin Quilt.


I used leftover fabric from the quilt to accomplish that.


I love how it turned out and completes the ensemble.



The sweet snowman was a gift from my aunt to my mom and mom gifted to me. I made the pillow a while ago. Some snowmen are just too cute not to accessorize with.


A new block of the month for me this year, one of two. This one is for one of the Facebook groups I belong to. I'm very pleased with the results.

This catches me up for the moment. I have goals yet to finish for the month and will work on those as the week goes on. 

Thanks for stopping by.

‘Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 5:24 NIVUK


3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Welcome back!! You certainly got a load of snow!!! Stay warm and safe! Your big dogs appear to love the snow. I'd be shoveling off the grass so my little girl would go potty outside!

Susan said...

That was a LOT of snow. I watch your weather every day, right under mine. Yours has been so cold - mine too, but not as much as yours! I would definitely need a wood fireplace to live across the street from you. LOL Or at least a wood stove.

K Reeves said...

Glad you're back Edi! Quite the weather you had, but some happy sewing days. I love your blue quilt with the matching pillowcases. So complete!