Thursday, July 27, 2017

Weekend Doings

It has been a very busy exhausting couple of weeks. I'm coming off of a very successful Vacation Bible School and that means I'm ready to get back to my "normal" routine . . . almost :)

Saturday began with chocolate waffles with fresh nectarines. I cleaned up my kitchen and sewing space, got lunch and dinner supplies together.

Lunch:  Chicken Po'boys
Dinner: Vegetable Stew

Both healthier choices than we once ate. The sandwiches went over well, the stew not so much mostly because it was vegetarian.

I managed to get the first pair of Christmas pajamas done and a second pair started.
Overall, my Christmas in July was a bust. This was all I got done from my list. As usual, I over planned myself with goals and commitments.

As for my stitchery, I got another couple of snowmen done.


I'm halfway through the dozen.
Rocky makes sure I'm giving this project plenty of time and attention.

Monday was crazy. I didn't get half done what I expected or wanted. I started with laundry, but the washing machine decided it was a good day to go on strike. I only got two loads done.

I spent the morning in the guestroom making the bed and the room pretty.



I pulled out my discards for the donation pick up and put a few more things away. All in all, I'm very pleased with  this room.


 
 



Newton went out to finish mowing the lawn and I got it in my head to pull up the carpet in the dining room ! Exactly !! What was I thinking ?? !!

Anticipating a big job, I started in the smaller of the two rooms this project will happen and moved things out and started pulling it up. The carpet was easy, the padding not so much. Newton came in and after a short break started pulling out the staples. We got it done and now we have to pull up the nail strips and I want to wash the floor. I see a new area rug in my very near future. :)

I spent the evening a bit unsettled after all the activity of the day and everything being a bit out of place. 


I managed to settle enough to work on another snowman.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.

No comments: