Thursday, August 17, 2017

Tuesday Happenings and Wednesday

I have a normal routine every morning . . .

Honey Do's lunch and get him off to work
Devotions, reading
Household chores
Gather dinner supplies, decide on a dessert (or not)
Gardening/weeding
Sewing
Stitching (this is almost always in the evening)

Monday evening, I worked a bit on the Witches panel and got the second witch colored.



This is witch #2.


And here's where she lines up in the procession :)

Tuesday morning, I worked on the Lace Cabins. I began the sashing on Monday. Unfortunately, my day got away from me, so I didn't get it finished. But progressing nicely nonetheless. I'm doing this quilt with the quilt-as-you-go method and I have to tell you, I like it. I like that I have a finished quilt and don't have the "quilting" to look forward to as it is my least favorite part of the entire process.

Wednesday morning, I continued working on the quilt, in between a couple of small loads of laundry, dinner prep, and weeding my butterfly garden. It's amazing how clean it looks when you get the neighbor's over-growth removed !!





The gardens always look so sad in August. That makes me long for autumn all the more.

Unfortunately, I didn't make as much progress on the quilt as I would have liked. But I kept finding sections that needed quilted.

Here's hoping for the completed top Thursday.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like QAYG and it works for you. People either like it or hate it. Your garden looks lovely, but I have to say that I enjoyed seeing it as it was when I visited, too. Gardens are, by nature, beautiful! You are accomplishing a lot, not just quilting, but everywhere. Routine helps, I know, and I've had none lately!