Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Mid-week Projects

Nothing like a holiday weekend to quicken the pace of an already hectic week.

Newton didn't go back to school Tuesday or Wednesday due to the extreme heat/humidity. That reason is also causing some stress among everyone. As for me, it just makes me unproductive and lazy which I really don't like.

Today, however, was my monthly block of the month sewing class. I was debating about going and after two broken machine needles, may I should have just stayed home. The instructor broke one and I did the other. In the end, attempting to do a fringe stitch on the machine didn't work out for me.


Some decorative stitching, lace trim and buttons and the block is finished. Time to get the next block prepped for next month.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with kindness.

Verse of the day:

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Proverbs 17:22

2 comments:

Allie said...

Now that is pretty!!!! I've done a fringe stitch with my machine, the embroidery part where you program it in, but too much bother, lol. I really enjoyed your stay-cation pics of the beach, wow I'm aching to head north to Lake Huron - maybe soon! I haven't been to the beach once this year. If you go again, take along a child's wagon to carry your finds, lol......it helps! You got some pretty treasures!

Susan said...

I have no idea what a fringe stitch is, you will have to show me! I do like the block, though. This is going to be a nice sampler when all the blocks are finished and together. What a great way to learn your new machine.