Monday, February 11, 2019

Let Us Become Weary in Doing Good, February 11, 2019

Update for February 11, 2019

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no-one to help them up.


Eccles. 4:9-10 NIVUK


I'm adding a new charity that I found this week while reading a blog:

1000 Hearts - This charity makes and distributes "pocket hearts" made from wool felt. They are about an inch big, so they are small enough to carry in a pocket, but big enough to know it's there to serve as a reminder. 

Here's what the home page says:

"1000 Hearts is a kindness project based in Hobart, Tasmania - offering people a symbol of compassion and care through handmade pocket hearts."


A simple little project. It's great for a take along when you are sitting and waiting for an appointment, or in line at school, or a couple of idle minutes.



Project Linus - This one is for baby quilts. They can be knit, crochet, quilted, or fleece. I'm jumping on this band wagon. I'd like my goal to be at least one per month. There are patterns and resources on their web page. Just follow the link.

A Doll Like Me  You are linked to find out more about this organization and what they do, but let me just tell you it's incredible and Amy is a hero in my eyes. She makes these amazing dolls that have the same physical differences as the children who receive them. How cool is that !!! What we are being asked to do is make tiny hospital gowns and doll size quilts so the children can dress their dolls so they are having the same hospital experiences the children. The gowns only use a fat quarter and some bias binding. Easy enough. I'm jumping on this band wagon as well. You can also follow Amy
on Facebook.



From My Carolina Home  Quilts are being collected for victims of last year's double-whammy hurricanes.



American Hero and Quilts of Valor This is an on going, never ending need for quilts for military veterans and their families.

2019 Hands to Help

This effort is hostessed by Sarah. The link will take you to her blog where you can read about five amazing charities and you can sign up if you are ready to participate.


Local quilt shops - are always doing something charitable. Collecting pillow cases, quilts to be bound, quilts to be quilted, etc.


There are other things we can do. Donations of all kinds are need in various places:

- donate money to your favorite charity
- donate food to a food pantry
- donate fabric
- donate time


I have chosen the charities that I will be supporting this year. I sincerely hope that you are able to join us. If not, please do what you can because the need is great. And if not us, then who?

Going forward I will update this post to include what I've done and to whom I shared my efforts. Please know, that I'm not doing this to brag or guilt anyone in participating. I am doing this strictly to help a cause and to encourage us to help where and when and how we can. 



Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with things that make and keep you happy.

Let us become weary in doing good.

Galatians 6:9

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I think you mean, And let us NOT grow weary of doing good.... Galatians 6:9a 😊 Thank you for the links to charities we can donate to. 😊