Wednesday, July 10, 2019

And The Goals Keep Coming

I have not been this motivated or productive in a long time. Some months I really struggle. July is proving the exception of that rule :)


I worked this quilt top, Vintage Farm Girl, over the weekend as a leader/ender with the baby quilt I finished. I put the red borders on it and I am over the moon. I really did not expect to get this one done this early in the month !!! It's put away now until I can sandwich it. I even got the backing pieced !!




Another goal :) I have so much fun making these little doll gowns and quilts.


On the stitching front, I've received the Girls' Getaway block. It wasn't the one I was expecting, but here it is. All drawn off, tinted and ready to stitch.

On the "Happy Mail" front, I received an unexpected box in the mail. I had begun a crazy quilt stitch along with my friend Susan. She's doing a really good job keeping up, me not so much. But that hasn't kept us from making plans to do more. 

We are planning on doing CQ in wool. I don't have a lot and wool is expensive so I had planned on just picking it up whenever I came across it. There is a local shop that carries it and I planned to stop whenever I went to visit my sister - the shop is right down the street from her home :) Lucky me !!

Then this box arrived . . . 



How blessed am I ??
This is from a sweet lady -Deanna. I've had contact with her in the past and we chat off and on, but not frequently. She's not using it any more and volunteered to share . . . with me !!!!

She wrote the sweetest note. Shared some very sweet testimony that touched my heart.


It centered around "Hope".

Isn't this just the sweetest?

Again, I am feeling so very blessed. God has a special place in Heaven, just for quilters. They are the sweetest, most generous people I know.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with the things that make and keep you happy.



Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Luke 6:36 NIVUK





2 comments:

Susan said...

Perfect quotation for that post. You sneaked this in on me after I check your blog this morning! LOL The little gown and doll quilt are so adorable! I found another flannel in blue today that I will send with your orange box. Soon. The cupcakes were perfect!

Allie said...

Love your Vintage Farm Girl, it has a very vintage country vibe! Well done, girl. The doll gown and quilt are so precious!! I love the Crabapple Hill design, love them all actually, but a little labor intensive for me right now....
What a sweet friend to send you such goodies!!!!!!!