Saturday, February 6, 2016

Progress feels good, a WIP, something new

  It's the final month for the Spring and Patriotic rows from DOD Mystery.


To that end, I've pulled out the picket fence and have been stitching my "flowers" on it. I'm finally feeling like I'm making some good progress. This is only the first half. I still have the other side to do. But at least it isn't sitting idly by and not getting any attention.


Last year, my first swap was the Quilter's Garden swap, also from DOD Mystery. BF has been asking when I was going to finish this one. So at her encouragement I pulled it out on Saturday morning. This is the layout I've come up with. There are some gaps that are going to need filling, but at least it's moved up from the back-burner.

A new BOM :)

 

This one is from my local quilt shop. I debated about starting another quilt with so many on the verge of being finished, but I couldn't resist the design or the colors. And at a cost of just $12.99/month it is definitely affordable. The cost includes the fabric AND the pattern. The only extra I had to purchase was the white-on-white background fabric. I'll have to purchase backing and batting later.

This week has been fairly productive.

 

Flannel scrap quilts have been started . . . 


Lace cabin block 2 is also begun.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a great weekend.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finishings and great startings! Good to know you are idle. ;)

Allie-oops Designs said...

Geez girl you've been busy!! Your flowers look so pretty on the fence. Love all the blocks. I really love that garden quilt from Amy Bradley but wow her patterns are expensive. Such a cute little snowman on your cabin block!