Thursday, February 4, 2016

What's been keeping me from blogging . . .

I have been stitching on a new project.


This is a fairly new pattern from Crabapple Hill called Lace Cabins.


It's stitched using Cosmo "Seasons" embroidery thread.


And you can be as creative as you like with embellishing. I've used a fluffy yarn for my snow and highlighted it with an irridescent ribbon.


And, of course, lace:) which I've embellished with some small beads.
I've used what I've learned by incorporating different stitches beyond the basic back stitch.

I'm very pleased with my results so far.


The mailman arrived . . . 


 


Look at all this wonderfulness from my friend in Pennsylvania. Thank you KTJ. You are so generous :)

Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to work on my spring row fence. 





3 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow - I'm going to HAVE to get that pattern. Your stitching is just gorgeous, hon! Great squishy mail!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous bit of embroidery. Is it a one-block thing, or will there be several blocks? I like your embellishing touches and your extra-special stitching. That tree is my favorite fabulous part.

Wendyb said...

Oh Edi, I love it.....you have made it your own.....I love the personal touches....just perfect! Love your goodies too....must catch up, I've been sick and been off with the blog.....must get back into it...lots happening, have to share! xox